There’s no cream on this creamy pasta recipe. As an alternative, the roasted zucchini creates a scrumptious, creamy zucchini pasta sauce. Excellent as a meatless essential dish or as a aspect along with your favourite protein!
Pasta with Creamy Zucchini Sauce
This simple Pasta with Creamy Zucchini Sauce is made with roasted zucchini, onions, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. The greens are pureed till easy and tossed with the pasta. My daughter Karina beloved this recipe!! It’s so good – you gained’t imagine the sauce has no cream! Extra of my favourite creamy pasta recipes with out cream are this Cajun Rooster Pasta, and Spaghetti with Butternut Leek Parmesan Sauce.
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- Wholesome: This pasta dish may be very gentle for the reason that sauce is made largely of zucchini and broth.
- Straightforward: This creamy zucchini pasta recipe is less complicated than it would look. The one prep is slicing the greens. As soon as they’re roasted, the sauce comes collectively in only a few minutes.
- Summer season Zucchini: I develop zucchini each summer time and all the time search for new methods to make use of it earlier than it goes dangerous. This meal is ideal for utilizing seasonal produce.
Creamy Zucchini Pasta Sauce Components
- Zucchini: Slice three to 4 medium zucchini.
- Onion and Garlic roast with the zucchini.
- Olive Oil will get drizzled over the veggies.
- Salt and Pepper season the greens. Additionally, you’ll want some salt for the pasta water.
- Broth: Use rooster or vegetable broth for the sauce.
- Parmesan: Grated parmesan cheese provides taste and creaminess to the zucchini sauce with out including cream.
- Pasta: Any small pasta form will work – cavatappi, fusilli, or rigatoni are all good choices.
The right way to Make Pasta with Creamy Zucchini Pasta Sauce
- Roast the Zucchini: Toss the zucchini, garlic, and onions with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Unfold the combination on a sheet pan and roast at 425°F for 25 minutes till tender and browned.
- Prepare dinner the Pasta: Carry a big pot of salted water to a boil whereas the greens roast. As soon as boiling, add the pasta and prepare dinner in keeping with package deal instructions for al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving a number of the
water, and return the noodles to the pot.
- Make the Creamy Zucchini Sauce: Take away the greens from the oven when completed and switch them to a blender. Add the parmesan cheese and broth and puree till easy.
- Pasta Water: Pour the zucchini sauce over the pasta, including the reserved water to loosen the sauce to your required consistency. High with contemporary black pepper and serve with Parmesan.
- Squash: Swap zucchini with yellow squash or use a mixture of each.
- Pasta: Use complete wheat pasta for extra fiber and protein or make it with gluten-free pasta.
- Greens: Add tomatoes to the pasta for an additional vegetable.
- Protein: Toss in grilled rooster or shrimp for added protein. It’s also possible to add some mozzarella cheese.
- Herbs: High your zucchini pasta with contemporary basil.
What to Serve with Creamy Zucchini Pasta
For a protein, serve this wholesome pasta with roasted shrimp, roasted rooster, or air fryer steak. If you would like extra veggies, pair it with a kale salad, tomato salad, or roasted asparagus.
The right way to Retailer
This simple creamy zucchini pasta will last as long as 4 days within the fridge or freezer for as much as three months. To eat, thaw it first after which microwave till heat.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 1/2 cups
Toss zucchini with garlic, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper and unfold on a sheet pan. Roast 425F about 25 minutes, till tender and browned, tossing midway.
In the meantime, convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. When boiling, add the pasta and prepare dinner in keeping with package deal instructions for al dente.
Drain the pasta reserving a number of the water and return to the pot.
Take away the greens from the oven when completed and switch to a blender. Add the parmesan cheese and broth. Puree till easy.
Toss with the pasta, including reserved water, as wanted to loosen the sauce to your required style.
High with contemporary black pepper and serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 1/2 cups, Energy: 390 kcal, Carbohydrates: 66 g, Protein: 14 g, Fats: 8 g, Saturated Fats: 2 g, Ldl cholesterol: 5.5 mg, Sodium: 244 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 7.5 g