This 5-ingredient BBQ Rooster is juicy, fantastically charred, and straightforward to make utilizing your favourite BBQ sauce. Good on your summer season cookout!
I like the simplicity of this BBQ rooster recipe, made with solely 5 substances I’m certain you have already got in hand. I used drumsticks, however you may as well use an entire cut-up rooster, adjusting the time as wanted. Additionally, I left the pores and skin on the drumsticks, however you possibly can omit it. Serve this dish with corn on the cob and coleslaw for a straightforward meal. For extra of my favourite grilled rooster recipes, attempt these Barbeque Rooster Foil Packets, BBQ Rooster Salad, and Barbeque Rooster Quesadilla.
Do you set BBQ sauce on rooster earlier than cooking?
The very best time to place the BBQ sauce on is when the rooster is sort of prepared. For those who do it when the rooster is uncooked, the sugar within the sauce will trigger it to brown sooner than the meat, and the surface of the rooster can burn. I brush the sauce on the rooster throughout the previous few minutes of cooking.
BBQ Rooster Elements
- BBQ Rooster Rub: Seasoning salt, like Lawry’s or adobo, and garlic powder
- Sauce: Your favourite BBQ sauce, yellow mustard, and slightly water to skinny out
- Rooster: Eight drumsticks with the pores and skin on, or off
Easy methods to Make BBQ Rooster
- Season the Drumsticks: Sprinkle the rooster with the seasoning salt and garlic powder. For those who’re retaining the pores and skin on the drumsticks, rub a few of the seasoning beneath the pores and skin. Cowl and refrigerate for no less than an hour or so long as in a single day for max taste.
- Make the Barbecue Sauce: Mix the BBQ sauce, mustard, and two tablespoons of water to skinny it.
- Prep the Grill: Beginning with a clear grill, preheat it to medium. As soon as sizzling, oil the grates and scale back the warmth to low.
- Grill the Rooster: Place the drumsticks on the grill, cowl, and switch them typically to make sure they don’t burn. It’ll take about 18 to twenty minutes for the rooster to change into golden brown and cooked by way of. Test that it’s prepared with a thermometer – it ought to learn 165°F.
- BBQ Sauce: Brush the sauce combination evenly over the rooster and prepare dinner for about two extra minutes, turning a number of occasions.
What to Serve with BBQ Rooster
There are such a lot of methods to eat this straightforward barbeque rooster. Beneath are some concepts.
- BBQ Sauce: When buying a barbeque sauce, search for one which’s decrease in sugar. For those who don’t have a store-bought one you’re keen on, you may make selfmade BBQ sauce.
- Rooster: Use rooster breasts or thighs (purchase bone-in items) or minimize up an entire rooster and use all of the components. The cooking time will differ, however test that it’s prepared with a thermometer.
- No out of doors grill? Bake the rooster within the oven at 400°F for 35 to 45 minutes and brush it with the BBQ sauce over the past two minutes of cooking.
Extra Grilled Rooster Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 2 drumsticks
Season rooster with seasoning salt and garlic powder. Cowl and marinate within the fridge for no less than 1 hour or so long as in a single day.
In a small bowl mix the BBQ sauce, mustard and about 2 tablespoons water to skinny it out.
Preheat an out of doors grill to medium warmth.
Oil the grates and scale back warmth to low. Grill the rooster, coated, turning typically so that they don’t burn, till the rooster is golden brown and cooked by way of within the middle, about 18 to twenty minutes.
Brush the BBQ sauce combination evenly over the rooster and prepare dinner, turning a number of occasions till golden, cautious to not burn, about 2 extra minutes.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
With out pores and skin, 2 drumsticks are 5 WW factors.
Serving: 2 drumsticks, Energy: 267 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.5 g, Protein: 27 g, Fats: 13.5 g, Saturated Fats: 3.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 134.5 mg, Sodium: 357 mg, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugar: 4 g